BCL is a great format entertainment combined with sports : Tanya Abrol

Actress Tanya Abrol who shot to fame with Shah Rukh Khan starrer Chak De India is playing for Lucknow Nawabs in Anand Mishra and Ekta Kapoor's Mtv Box Cricket League. Tanya is a great lover of sports and says,"I have been playing all kinds of sports except cricket in my childhood. I used to play table tennis, basket ball and shot put. During my school days, I used to participate in all kind of competitions.

"Speaking on the format of BCL Tanya says,"BCL is a great format - entertainment  combined with sports. What I like the most is the participation of women in the game. Anybody can play here. That's why this format is very entertaining. Last year I was in the Pune team and this year am with Lucknow Nawabs. This year we have not got much time for practice but last year's practice sessions are coming handy." So who is your favourite cricketer? "I used to like Saurav Ganguly's style a lot. And now I like MS Dhoni and Virat Kohli. Both of them are asset to team India."

Tanya feels she is good in both batting and bowling. But batting is little better. Professionally Tanya is looking for something which can boost  her creativity. She adds,"I have done two Punjabi films Aatishbaazi Ishq and Love Yoou Soniye, film stars Karanvir Bohra and Teejay Sidhu in lead roles. I  am looking for nice meaty role in Punjabi films as the industry is big now. And I am also writing a film which has sometime to go before I finish. Writing is a passion for me, I have been writing short stories for quite sometime now and also write poems."

Comments